A single claim can ruin you
What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability Insurance helps protect your business from property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or personal and advertising injury claims that could put your business’s assets at risk. For example, General liability insurance helps protect you and your business in the event of the following:
- A customer slips and injures himself in your store. The injuries result in costly medical bills and maybe even a lawsuit.
- While on the job, you accidentally damage a customer’s property and the repairs are costly. Should a claim like one of these be made against your business, then your commercial general liability insurance policy may help pay for the damages.
It might be the only coverage you need. However, as good as it is, it will not prevent claims alleging professional errors, inconsistent employment practices or alcohol related injuries if you sell or serve liquor—Respectively you’ll need professional liability, employment practices and liquor liability insurance to solve that.
What does Commercial General Liability Insurance cover?
Commercial General Liability Insurance offers some of the broadest business insurance coverage available today. It is included in a Business Owner’s Policy and is available as stand-alone coverage. Here are a few of the risks a business could face that the policy can help protect against:
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Repetitional harm – Helps protect against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect against certain claims your business if others claim you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims medical costs if someone is injured on business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.
Need Specialty General Liability Insurance?
For “higher hazard” liability exposures, our advisers are experienced in hard-to place and unique products and premises risks. We offer solutions for manufacturers, wholesaler-distributors and importers of difficult-to-place products, as well as others with unique or difficult General Liability exposures. Stand-alone or bundled with other solutions, we find the coverage and services are designed to provide a total solution. Policy coverage helps protect against third party injuries and associated defense costs in addition to other high hazard exposures.
Help protect your business with General Liability Insurance.
More and more businesses are being sued for things like negligence, libel, slander, property damage, bodily injury, copyright infringement among other things. And businesses can be sued even when they did nothing wrong.
That’s why having general liability protection through Texas General, an agency that combined has been helping businesses prevail for more than 65 years, is critical.
Ready for a quote? Learn more about how you can tailor your business insurance coverage.
We Shop for You…
With access to over 30 different carriers, we shop multiple A.M. Best A rated companies to find you comprehensive coverage at the best value. And come renewal time, our revolutionary system alerts our team if you have a rate increase and notifies us to start finding you a better rate.
Our vast relationships with trusted carriers, as well as our pride in service, is what separates us apart from our competition. We are consistently looking for and adding new companies to our market. Keeping the competition among them high helps keep your insurance cost low.
Annual Policy Reviews
Our innovative system automatically lets us know of significant rate increases 30 days in advance, allowing us time to find you a better rate.
“During the purchase of a new house, I took the opportunity to shop my insurance, as my current provider’s quote was over the top. I looked at several of the major, well-advertised carriers besides getting a quote from Texas General. Texas General not only beat the others significantly in price, but the policy was with a well-known, nationwide carrier and they made the switch quick and easy. I have been with them for two years now and have no complaints.”
– Glenn L. Sprenger