What is Texas General Liability Insurance?
Texas General Liability Insurance helps protect your business from property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or personal and advertising injury claims that could put your business’s assets at risk. For example, General liability insurance helps protect you and your business in the event of the following:
- A customer slips and injures himself in your store. The injuries result in costly medical bills and maybe even a lawsuit.
- While on the job, you accidentally damage a customer’s property and the repairs are costly. Should a claim like one of these be made against your business, then your commercial general liability insurance policy may help pay for the damages.
It might be the only coverage you need. However, as good as it is, it will not prevent claims alleging professional errors, inconsistent employment practices or alcohol-related injuries if you sell or serve liquor—Respectively you’ll need professional liability, employment practices and liquor liability insurance to solve that.
What does Texas Commercial General Liability Insurance cover?
Commercial General Liability Insurance offers some of the broadest business insurance coverage available today. It is included in a Business Owner’s Policy and is available as stand-alone coverage. Here are a few of the risks a business could face that the policy can help protect against:
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Repetitional harm – Helps protect against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect against certain claims your business if others claim you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims medical costs if someone is injured on business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.
Need Specialty General Liability Insurance in Texas?
For “higher hazard” liability exposures, our advisers are experienced in hard-to place and unique products and premises risks. We offer solutions for manufacturers, wholesaler-distributors and importers of difficult-to-place products, as well as others with unique or difficult General Liability exposures. Stand-alone or bundled with other solutions, we find the coverage and services are designed to provide a total solution. Policy coverage helps protect against third party injuries and associated defense costs in addition to other high hazard exposures.
General Liability Insurance Texas: Do I Need It?
If you own a business, then you must protect that business. Commercial General Liability Insurance can help protect your business against claims for bodily injury and property damage resulting from the actions of your business – whether they be intentional or unintentional. General Liability Insurance can also provide coverage for claims involving advertising injury, defense costs, and medical payments.
If you are self-employed in Texas, then General Liability Insurance can help protect your assets in the event of a lawsuit or claims against your business. Even if you are not conducting business today, you still recommend that you purchase an insurance policy. You never know when you may need it.
Having this type of protection in place can make a world of difference in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. Your commercial business needs this protection, and you will be surprised at just how affordable it is.
Benefits of having general liability insurance include:
- Protection for a wide variety of liabilities
- No need to reinvent the wheel. Your insurance agent will know the most common risks for your business and can help you decide which ones you need to be covered.
- Help protect personal assets in case of lawsuits/claims against your business.
- Credibility – Being insured shows customers, vendors, and potential customers that you are serious about your business
- Coverage for lawsuit defense expenses
- It helps hedge against the possibility of significant lawsuit judgments or settlements
- Increases business productivity while reducing stress by eliminating distractions caused by lawsuits
- Peace of mind knowing your commercial insurance is in place.
- Being insured forces you to take potential risks seriously and protect yourself. It also helps you manage the financial burdens that come with the risk of lawsuits.
Help protect your business with General Liability Insurance.
More and more businesses are being sued for things like negligence, libel, slander, property damage, bodily injury, copyright infringement among other things. And businesses can be sued even when they did nothing wrong.
That’s why having general liability protection through Texas General, an agency that combined has been helping businesses prevail for more than 65 years, is critical.
Ready for a quote? Learn more about how you can tailor your business insurance coverage.